The truck didn't stop.
Today I had a chat with someone in the town.
1. The truck should not have been passing through the town, it is illegal for a B-Double to enter the town unless they live there.
2. After the accident the truck stopped briefly and then drove off.
3. A patron at the pub followed the truck and got the rego.
4. The driver was carrying livestock, and the truck was found in the next town at the saleyards - where a sign had been knocked over.
5. Some signs back along the road to the highway from the pub had also been knocked over/damaged.
6. The pub is Heritage Listed, they've been given five (5) days to repair the damage (ridiculous!).
7. After the 2011 flood the owners had trouble getting insurance, this may be a problem.
8. The OH&S people were on the scene before the police, ensuring that everyne was kept safe.
9. The truck driver has, apparently, had the book thrown at him.
10. The truck hit the pub a bit before 11am on 26JUL13.